Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Coco from China




So a tone of things have gone on this summer. I am not sure what to start blogging so I will start with something simple. About a month or so ago we had a foreign exchange student come and stay with us for 3 weeks. Her name is Coco. Well that is her American name. I am not sure what her real name is. she came here with a bunch of other student and went to school with them during the day to learn more about our culture. I was kind fun to have someone else in the house for a while. She was always trying to teach me how to cook in the Chinese way. That kinda got frustrating when I was cooking and American dish. But I just smiled and let her do what she wanted to do. she had tons of fun with the kids. Nehemiah loved having her around. When ever she was not here he would ask " Mom where did Coco go? " I think he liked saying it cause it rhymed. Any way so that was about it with Coco. Oh well it was interesting though kids from china don't really get any free time they are always doing stuff for school so she had never seen a video game before. We talked her into playing the Wii with us and she had so much fun. She kept saying how we are so relaxed in America. I thought that was interesting seeing as I feel like I am always doing something. Maybe she was referring to our personalities. Any way here are some pics of our time with Her.

1 comment:

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

you should have introduced her to makeup! :) that's funny about the cooking. wonton anyone?