Sunday, May 10, 2009

Childhood in all its wonders.





Sometimes I like to just sit and listen to Nehemiah play. Talking to himself in his little world where everything is possible....well unless Mom says NO. A few months back I was in Wal-Mart getting a few esentials when I passed the five-dollar dvd bin. I had time on my hands so I thought I would take a look. I found a set of dvd's full of cartoons from the fifties. One of the dvd's is full of Super Man cartoons. After one time of watching it he was hooked. I figured it wouldn't take long for him to want to have a cape, so when he came to me one afternoon changed into his red p-jays with his old baby blanket in hand asking for help I was sure I knew what it was for. I found a safety pin and pinned that blanket around his shoulders and since that day I have had Super Man for a son. I wondered how long it would take him to figure out that super man wore his underware on the out side of his pants. That took about a month. He calls them his Super Man Wonderware. Every once in a while I'll walk passed his bedroom and find him stanting on the end of his bed fists on hips eyes squinted and swaying back and forth for the affect of the cape blowing in the wind. I love this time in his life. He is discovering so many things and everything is exciting. It is so refreshing to be reminded of all the wonders that is childhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This age is so much fun. Izzy just hit a Buzz Lightyear phase - so he shouts "To Infinity and Beyond" before doing anything.