Friday, March 27, 2009
Nehemiah and "dog"
Yesterday after work at the day care Nehemiah, Baea, and I were walking home, when we say a little black chihuahua walking down the road. She had a tag on her and seemed like a nice enough dog, and passed the test enough for me to tolerate her for an afternoon, she didn't stink and didn't bark at me, and obeyed very well so I decided to take her home and keep her till her owner could get off work and come pick her up. Her name was Sisco, but Nehemiah just called her "dog!". As many people know I do not like dogs. There are very few dogs I will even touch. Even then I am usually doing it to be polite. So after a long day of watching my sweet boy play and run around the back yard with that little dog and after listening to him call after her,"Hey dog come play", "NO NO dog you can't come inside" and eating lunch while Nehemiah told me all about his dog. It broke my heart to have to explain to him that the dog had to go home with her owner, and to see his little heart break. I can't say that I will buy him a dog but my heart has softened to the idea maybe some day when we have a much much bigger back yard. It sure was fun to see him have to much fun with his little friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is cute... what a good mom you are to put up with something you despise for your little boy :)
we will probably never own a dog, either... must be a Jansen thing! ha ha
jody, i can't believe you're warming up to the idea of having a dog! haha its definitely different having your own and raising it from a puppy... i bet you might like it ;) they can be a lot of work but so much fun! i guess i'm too much of a dog lover.
Post a Comment