Tuesday, May 19, 2009

summer grass.


Well the summer heat is upon us. It was 108 yesterday and promises to keep on going up! As many of you know I am not a "Valley girl” I hate the Valley I would much rather be home living in Joe City enjoying all the weather even the wind as horrible as it may be because we know that the wind will last at the most a month or so and then the summer will come with its hot days and cool nights. I miss that so much it makes me sad just thinking about it knowing that I can only visit it. Summer here is in a word HELL! So hot that unless you want to be branded by our seat belt you had better be very careful while buckling up. Nehemiah has his own branding after a "friend" thought she would help me put the kids in the car one hot summer day and carelessly plopped him in his car seat as if the inside of the car wasn't two hundred degrees. She has since moved out of the ward and I can't say I am sad about that. Any way back to the point of this blog. Now that the summer heat has so lovingly greeted us we took the weekend to plant summer grass so that we can at least find some pleasure this summer in the relief of an afternoon running in the sprinkler or blowing up the kiddy pool and splashing around in that. It also helps to cool the back yard down a few degrees as well. So after an entire day of slaving in the heat the seeds are planted and now we just wait.

No comments: